- Can I buy Sunflower1?
- No. Sunflower1 is obsolete.
- How much Sun power does the Sunflower2 cast?
- Sunflower2 comes with a circular mirror of 2 feet in diameter. So it casts about 3 square feet of sunlight. The mirror reflects most of the energy. How much power that is depends on geographic and atmospheric conditions.
- How far away from the target can I place the Sunflower2?
- Energy loss due to sunlight traveling from the Sunflower2 mirror to its target is negligible. However, Sunflower2 is generally accurate within 2 degree of the target. This works out to be about 4 inch dispersion for every 10 feet the Sunflower2 is away from the target. See Time Lapse Video below.
- Do you support other smart devices?
- No. Nevertheless, there were non-Apple user customers who bought used or refurbished iPhone 4s from eBay just for the purpose of configuring the Sunflower2.
- Is the Sunflower2 designed to withstand year-round weather and strong winds?
- Yes. However any hard object striking the mirror at high speed can break the mirror.
- What is the mirror made of?
- The mirror is made of back surface silver coated float glass with safety vinyl backing.
- How do I install the Sunflower2?
- The Sunflower2 comes with installation hardware. See Installation Method 1 and 2 below.
Installation Method 1
Installation Method 2
Time Lapse Video